PMV (Project Management Vision) is a professional post-trade electrical training institute with campuses with its head office in Perth and other campuses in Adelaide and Karratha. They provide high-quality training programs and have successfully trained more than 7000 students till now.
PMV offers 20+ nationally recognised training programs and certificate courses in Electrical Equipment in Hazardous Areas (EEHA), Electrical Engineering, Instrumentation and Control, Plan and Perform High-Voltage Switching Operations, Solar PV Design and Install with Battery Storage.
Being a niche educational institution, PMV’s main challenge has been enrolments, and they have had a negligible online presence. The main reason for the client not having any online presence was because of the mining boom in the early 2000s, which stretched into mid 2000s. Referrals and word of mouth played a key role in the enrolments during that time. Now, with other operators in the market focusing on these specialised courses, students have options and choose based on what they can find online.
So, the objective we set out to achieve was the following.
- Build their online presence by planning an SEO strategy that works concurrently with an ad campaign.
WHAT did we DO?
The objective could only be achieved through the following 6 steps:
KEYWORD RESEARCH AND COMPETITOR ANALYSIS
A competitor keyword analysis is a process of figuring out what your competitors are ranking for in search results and then planning content strategies on what they did to outrank them.
It is one of the quickest and easiest ways to find the highest intent keywords for your business.
We then started creating longer, better-researched articles better suited for user experience. The intent was to create the best and most relevant content ever, period.
One of the most crucial discoveries we had was that PMV had never considered on-page optimisation. We worked on improving their:
- Technical optimisation - Server speed, Source code and IP address
- Content - Server speed, Source code and IP address
- Internal links - logical structure, crawl depth, canonisation, URL structure and content focus
- Design optimisation - Mobile, file sizes and call to action
It is known that 98% of your visitors will leave your site without converting. That's a huge number to lose, and therefore, we worked towards:
- Creating a lead magnet - videos, articles, and newsletters
- Configured list building tools - pop-ups, alerts, and other info on the home page
- Set up automatic delivery - collect email addresses for emailing
In the early stages, it was important for us to spend time promoting our content in order to generate some initial traffic, engagement and links.
The three actionable items we used to promote PMV were:
- Quora - Quora threads stay active for months or even years
- Forum marketing - Used search strings to find forums in your niche
- Social media automation - We set up social channels to promote PMV content
We used the following strategy to plan and execute the backlinks for PMV:
- Re-engineered competitor link profiles
- Identified competitor link gaps
- Pitched fortnightly roundups
- Build the resources/links pages
With our strong on-page strategy and implementation, and these links coming straight to the page, Google propelled us to the first page for our target keyword.
WE HAVE RESULTS TO SHOW
- Sales over time
GSC data shows a 31% increase in organic search in 6 months.
- Number of Page views
There was a gradual 53% increase in page views in 6 months.
- 1st page impression
There was a 20% increase in the organic impression, ranking PMV website on the sweet spot we call 1st page google.
- Website click
There was a steady click-through rate against the organic search because of the website that nested an optimal home page user experience.
- Search Visibility
Consistent SEO efforts are of utmost importance to increase search visibility. This chart shows a 2 years trend of the same.